Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fifty Shades of Tan

I walked into a Starbucks today to start reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I walk in in my little blue dress which I've worn about 20 times since I bought it last month and I smile at the cute boy sitting in one of the comfy chairs. I turn to order my iced soy caramel macchiato, and I hear him turn to his friend and say "daaaaamn." I stiiillll got it.

Yeah buddy.

So, I'm only about 12 pages into this crazed book. All I know about it is that it has an irresistible, tantalizing, gorgeous man who thinks he can control anyone with whom he comes in contact.

As I bash myself over the head over Michael, I've decided that it would be the greatest book ever to write the same story based in Santa Fe...the land of adobe and dirt...starring Michael as Mr. Tan...in the new trilogy...Fifty Shades of Tan.

The cover of said book...circa September,2011.


I had a wacky week of babysitting...a fun 9 year old boy and 11 year old girl who I really got along with at a carnival and at Cliff's Amusement Park and Waterpark in Albuquerque - where I had wayyy too much fun. Lots of rollercoasters, lots of screaming, lots of laughing. Then a 4 year old boy who literally threw rocks at me. Then a 6 year old girl with a brain of a serial killer.

All this babysitting is awesome for getting extra cash. And I always remember the phrase of an old friend..."but I LIKE sitting on baby."

I need to find out tomorrow exactly how much time I have to travel (i.e. when exactly I have to report to school), so I know which route to take to Las Vegas/San Francisco/wherever else I want to go. I could stop at the 4 corners, or Sedona, or upper or downer. Unfortunately I might have to go the straightest route possible and boom feet in the Pacific boom get home. Either way, I'm hooping across America a little more and that makes me happy.

If you don't know already, I got a new job. I am going to be Santo Nino Catholic School's music teacher. It's the same salary with much better behavior and literacy in children. I'm scared and excited. I will have to lead the choir for mass every week which scares the shit out of me. I went to church today and sang in Spanish like a boss.

I don't know where I'm goin, but I sure know where I've been.


1 comment: