Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Snowboarding in Colorado.


Mmhmm I did it thanks to Michael. He coached me the whole way. I fell a lot...spent a lot of time laying in the snow wondering how the hell I was ever going to stand up again. Michael was patient and understanding that a body new to snowboarding is quite confused. We practiced a little on the bunny thing, then he helped me down the beginner hill 4 or 5 times before he went off and did his bigboy snowboarding. It was a triumph to just figure out how to stand up. I think I did okay, considering it was me.

We stayed in Pagosa Springs and then spent some time with his boss and his boss's wife in Durango. Colorado & New Mexico are beautiful. If all we did was drive in Michael's hella sexy Jeep, I'd totally be fine with that. It was a very good long weekend of breath-taking views and breath-stealing falls. I'm sore. but it was so much fun!!

And grrr...I was in a new state and I forgot to hula hoop. Boo.


And then it's back to the grind. I feel like no education went on today. Maybe some fun, but I'm itching for more learning to take place. I just need to understand that school is more than my personal musical goals for my students and myself...it's assemblies, it's bloody noses, it's drama, it's "he touched me," it's "she said the F word," it's lockdown drills, it's life.

Oh and if you didn't know, I'm singing with a band now. We do Ska/Hiphip/Pop stuff. 2 trumpets, a guitar, a bass guitar, drums, another girl singer, and me. It's gonna be really fun and may cure my itch to perform...though each day is a special performance of its own. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment