Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Girls on the Run


Dad had a heart attack last Saturday and things have been hard. The clickpad of my mac is ridiculously acting up and i had to practically smash the thing to get to blog this.

School has improved for the most part. Behavior is still silly, but not like mad-bad. I've gotten tougher and most kids have grown to like me more. I have but a few days to decide how I am going to further the expression of my next year's intentions. There are possibilities. For next year and for life.

I've started an after-school chorus for my elementary school, which has been less than perfect, but it's nice to be with my kids that actually like singing a lot. I've joined the community college's Chamber Singers, and Gin & Subtonic continues to gig. Lesson plans, concert plans, bus requests, permission slips, and more continue to pile up.

Now, as if I didn't have enough on my plate, I've begun the process of becoming a coach for Girls on the Run. GOTR is a program for our 3rd through 6th grade girls to learn about healthy eating habits, boosting self-esteem, and the benefits of exercise. There is set curriculum from the program, but they need teacher-runners to support the lessons and....RUN. We will be training together twice a week after school for a 5K at the end of May. Damn am I excited. I love these girls.

Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment