Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ups and Downs of Teaching

Yesterday my "best" 7th grade boy threw his chorus folder at my head. He stormed out of the room and I whispered, "wow." That was that story. 19 more days of teaching middle school chorus.

on the flip-flop...


This afternoon I got this e-mail from a Kindergarten kid's mama.

"I am (______)'s mom and I wanted to write and tell you how much I enjoyed the Spring performance last week. As you may know (_______) is diagnosed with autism and there has been no opportunity to see him do anything like what he did for that performance. He had fun, participated, and he played the xylophone! AWESOME! Thank you for that opportunity and faith in him! It means the world to me. I want to share with you a post I wrote about that evening. Again, thanks for believing in my kid.
thoughtfully, ________ _______"

She followed this will a copy of one of her blog posts which narrates her thoughts of the evening, ending it with "a beautiful, perfect 45 minutes!"

It feels good. Real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment