Sunday, May 6, 2012

Seeking Shape


I have to be this sexy/confident by June 14.

The small challenge of playing Mimi Marquez is that I'm not hispanic. I'm still unsure of how I landed this role in NEW MEXICO, but I'm happy to take it on. I've bought a long brown wig and have been spending time outside in addition to tanning to reach a latina glow by June. I will strive to eat less and exercise more to get as skinny as a drug addict.

The big challenge of playing Mimi Marquez is dancing and singing at the same time. The song "Out Tonight" is hard enough as it is, but with high kicks, splits, crawling across the floor, and shaking my thang, it's near impossible. My neck hurts, my strong legs feel weak, and I'm gasping for air. I will learn how to tone it down just enough to be a successful performer.

Girls on the Run has been awesome. We talk about peer pressure, eating healthy, and balance in our lives. The girls (3rd-6th grade) seem to fall into 3 groups...
1. The fast girls - never seem to stop or run out of energy.
2. The steady girls - might need to occasionally walk but keep a good running pace.
3. The lazy girls - f this sh.

I try and stick with the steady girls and catch up to the fast girls sometimes.

Taking Stella and Jaguar for run/walks is so liberating and beautiful. I can't move away yet. Also, workin it out at Gin & Subtonic gigs really works the whole body. I should be on my way down to 121 lbs. (I've named this year the year of 121) but I'm doubtful because I still feel gravity on my hips.

School has actually been really bearable. Middle school is coming around as we prepare for our concert on Wednesday. Both elementary concerts came together beautifully with really nice feedback. It's just survival til the end...12 more kind-of days.

Just keep swimming...oh yeah...I gotta get back on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment