Saturday, May 26, 2012

Santa Fe Runaround 5k

Girls on the Run did it!
10 of our girls showed up and finished their first 5k all in the range of 35-50 minutes.
My 3rd grade running buddy was a trooper...had to walk sometimes but she stuck it out in that heat. Our 2nd grade honorary member was trampled in the first 30 seconds, but after crying, she got up and was the 2nd girl of Nava to complete the race. Damn, girl.

I'm on Day 2 of a stupid cold and yesterday I thought I broke my toe so I was nervous today would be bad. Still I felt strong and tried to push my buddy along. It felt good to be there supporting someone else. Next race I run I'll be solo and can push myself harder.

One observation I've made in my three 5ks is that finish line people are assholes...?
In my first 5k, a man yelled at me SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN.
In my second 5k, a man yelled at me WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!
In my third 5k (today), a man yelled at me STOP! DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE. (as a running buddy, I did not wear a number, so I suppose I was not allowed to cross the finish line.) They could at least be nice about it.



Teacher gift taken in PhotoBooth. I put my thang down flip it and reverse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment