Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things

The Deacon at St. Margaret's Church in Woodbury Heights this morning spoke words of truth. A baby "needs" its pacifier and blanket. A teenager "needs" their cell phone and internet access. An adult "needs" their credit cards and cars. What do we really need to survive? Food. His homily was good. Well-arched and came back to the point of Jesus, the bread of life, being what we really need.

Ideas of money stay in my brain another day. Feeling embarrassed when I don't money in the collection. Wondering if I'll survive the month and a half or so without a paycheck. Money exchange for Israel. Money money money.

The Deacon also said "if you are what you eat...what are you?" of course suggesting the bread of life. Health nuts nowadays say to eat "clean" to really feel good and in tip-top shape. Why does eating bad feel so good too? Pizza fries cookies cheese. I always thought...stop eating bad! It's expensive AND unhealthy, so if you make good choices, you can be SKINNY HEALTHY and RICH! What is the temptation and indifference?

At the church I saw a few old friends' moms. One Mom was SO HAPPY to hear my story and introduced me to the priest and drove me to my car since I had to park far away. It was sweet :)

It's hot here. Humid. I leave for Israel tomorrow and I don't know what I'm doing. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment