Friday, June 5, 2015

You're the only Ten I See

I feel stuck in Tennessee…might never get out.

I rolled down Broadway at about 7:30PM and mustered up the courage to go hoop. I was mostly nervous because of how many people there were and I like to find places that don't have many people so they won't steal my stuff. I found 3 shots that'll do. As I walked with my camera/tripod and hoop over my shoulders, people waved at me and said "hula-hoop!"
I put my stuff back in my car and walked around looking for a place to sit my butt and be awkward, but it was hard because the places with live music were packed and really dark and loud, and the sports bars were quiet and nearly empty.


I slept in the back of my car in a hotel parking lot which was fine, but I was paranoid all night. The sounds of the garbage trucks and voices of people in the distance freaked me out and sent me into a panic every hour. When I woke up at about 6:30am I was terrified to see a truck facing the front of my car with an old man smoking a cigarette. He was talking to a gentleman in the car parked next to him. WHY did he pick THAT spot of the whole lot? They talked and I laid there stiff until I yet again mustered up the courage to climb in the front seat and drive off. I don't know what I was so afraid of. They saw me, but just chuckled as I head off on my way.
I hooped at the Grand Ole Opry and hit the highway.

I stopped in Sevierville, TN (Dolly Parton's hometown) and thought that while I was there I should go to Dollywood. I drove there and paid the $12 parking. I took the little tramcar to the park and saw the big line. Ain't nobody got time for this. When I saw that the entrance fee was $62 and then I'd also have to wait in line and wait for a show to start, I decided to just go back. I made sure to tell Dolly (thru our spirits) that I appreciated her but I was going to be on my way.


I think my favorite experience of Dollywood was when the hostess lady announced that it was National Doughnut Day and you can go to Dunkin Donuts for a free Donut (with purchase of drink), and a teenaged boy shouted "KRISPY KREME FOR LIFE." Giggle.

Then it rained really hard on the road and i got scared and now I'm in a Subway being scared.
I still have no idea where I'm going. But I should get to Aunt Lesley's by tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment