Thursday, May 19, 2011

Why Run, Bike, Swim?


Here's my history with the big 3.

Run...
I've always hated running. My hip pops, I have no drive, I really hate it. I fell in love with a marathon runner, and now I need to prove that I can, in fact, do it. It'll be a big fight.

Bike...
I never learned to ride a bike. I fell in love with a guy who tried to teach me, but I wound up flipping off of the bike and busting up my leg.

Swim...
My biggest accomplishment with swimming has been winning the kick-board race at the community swim club 6 years in a row. I have just joined LA Fitness for access to a pool.

So you see we're in for a treat.

In that I need cross-training because of my hip when it comes to running especially, mixing up my work will have many benefits and get me to my marathon/triathlon. I am making this choice for health, strength, and spirit. These strides will not be taken to beat others, but "to beat that little voice inside my head that wants me to quit."

Current weight: 134
Current body fat: 23.9%

Goal weight: 121
Goal body fat: 16%

Today's work out:
  • 2 miles on elliptical
  • 500m swim
  • 20 minute strength-training session with a personal trainer
(sore back, abs, and shoulders already...here we go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment