Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Affect/Effect

I know the difference, but I still have to think about it.

Bad day.
I like this blog, because it's like a diary and once I hit "Publish Post," it's like I can move on with my life.

I'm so stressed and sad. After a nutso weekend of no rest and late lesson plans and children who sometimes make me believe that they don't have ears, I'm so beat.

I need to stop letting my kids' behavior and their words affect how I feel about myself.

Today I received comments from children ranging from age 6 to 13, ranging from "You're a good teacher" and "Can I stay here? because I don't want to leave!" to "This class is boring." "This class sucks." "UGH THIS CLASS."
I feel like I've done my very best to engage my choir, but today all I got was sass. Though sometimes I let it roll off my back because actually they're just mad because I make them follow dress code, sometimes I'm like "where the hell am I going wrong?" I gave an extra credit assignment partly asking for feedback about the performance or our first month of chorus. Students groaned and said "Can we be honest?" and I replied, "yes please." I have a few parent phone calls to make tonight...keeeeeep breathing...

There's so many things to do -- order music, send parent letters home about recorder, get that letter translated into Spanish, get a Jiffy Lube, buy stamps, more car stuff, more house stuff, next week's lesson plans...

Tired.
The sun is calling me to the hills but I'm not sure I can get up. The effect of the day has gotten the best of me.
Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment