Friday, September 16, 2011

The men in my life

Daddy's flowers. 19 lilies!
The note: "Congratulations on your new home away from home."

I love my Daddy. I miss him and call him all the time to tell him the stupid things I do and think and complain complain complain. And he listens. And he loves me. And he's wonderful.

I miss my nephew and my brother and my PopPop and my uncles and my cousins and my Scott.
So the new story is...

August 15th was the first day of school with children. I felt like I had been put through a blender, so I decided to treat myself to frozen yogurt after school. I stood in line feeling dizzy and ready for that cold fruity goodness to tickle my tongue.

I heard a man's voice from the back of the line, "OK, I'll buy you this, but you have to clean the whole house," followed by a girl's giggle. I laughed. It was cute.
I got my yogurt and sat down in a comfy chair in the corner of the place. When the guy got his and her's, he asked the 6 year old where she wanted to sit and she chose a spot next to me. We talked a bit, the 3 of us. I told her it was my first day of school too. I left with a "nice to meet you."

On September 8th, I was coming back from lunch and trying to open the door to my classroom. An older man asked me "are you a teacher here?" and I replied yes, i'm the new music teacher blahblah... He said his kids used to go to Nava and he was visiting some friends there. We definitely hit it off and left with a handshake.

A half hour later there was a knock on my classroom door. I knew his face. He said, "Uhh...hi...I don't know if you remember me..." and I said "yeah I do, I just can't remember from where..."
"Yoberri," he reminded me, then continued, "You just met my Dad. He told me about you and I was like...I think I know her. I had these extra tickets for Zozobra and wondered if you needed them. My # is on there if you ever need any help...I know you're new to Santa Fe." I took the tickets, thanked him, and went to Zozobra. The next day I texted him, "Thank you for the tickets. They were used well!"

He called and asked me to fiesta it up with him.
We've met up a couple times over the week. He took me to his grandparents' ranch which required the most beautiful drive I've ever seen with views of rocky valleys and mountains. We ate navajo tacos and danced and laughed. He is such a gentleman. He opens doors for me, pays for everything, tells me I'm beautiful...I wonder if he's real.

Well, his name is Michael, and yesterday during 4th grade music class I got a special delivery to my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment