Monday, July 29, 2013

North Dakota

I drove into Fargo and was again disappointed by the similarity to any old town (this one - Haddonfield) in New Jersey.
Where's my frozen tundra of the North?

I got out to stretch in a Walgreen's parking lot while I decided if I could hoop before dark. While reaching for the sky, a little blonde girl, maybe 7, approached me. "This is for you," she said, and pulled out a long-stemmed red rose from behind her back. For me? Why? I thanked her and waved in gratitude to Mom in the minivan. Spirit. It's still on the dash of my car.

It was dark and I just wanted a drink, so I stopped in BWW for a Captian & diet. Asked the bartender what there was to see or do in Fargo, and he said "nothing." Another waitress did advise me to drive thru North Dakota to go West rather than thru South Dakota to get to Keystone (Mt. Rushmore).

I slept in my car (terribly).

I stopped in Bismarck with the Capitol, New Salem with a big cow, and down the Enchanted Highway. Hooped with some live cows while flies invaded my car.
I'm so sick of large steel animals and objects. No more modern art, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment