Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chocolate and Friends


Yesterday morning was calm...rain outside, a little bit of hooping on the back patio, a little bit of RosettaStone (Spanish, of course)...

The sun came out and I decided to go downtown to check out some shops including Kakawa...a chocolate house recommended to me which sells all kinds of chocolate and hot drinking chocolate.

I stared at the menu for a lonnnnnng time until the barista suggested I do the sampler...7 hot chocolate samples, some sweet some spicy. A tall boy there with brown hair down to his shoulders offered to buy it for us. Good deal, huh? Six-foot five-inch twenty-five-year-old scientist Gavin and I sat down, though he could barely fit his legs under the table. We sampled some delicious and some well...interesting...hot chocolate. It was really fun.

Gavin and I talked and giggled for a while, and then he asked if I'd like to walk around the Spanish market. I hate to be the girl that needs a tour guide, but it's been nice when people offer. On the way he pointed out things such as the oldest church in America (below) and awesome restaurants. We walked and talked and somehow started quoting Wet Hot American Summer. Laughter continued.


Eventually we walked down a street of many art galleries and we casually walked into one. The man there, a young guy from L.A./Texas was rather excited to see us. It was kinda weird but really funny. He offered us free beverages (as it was also a coffeehouse kinda thing) and said "c'mon! come sit with us." He took us to the backyard and we sat down with some people who were grilling curry chicken. More laughter. An attractive couple bickered and weirdo art-seller-coffehouse-man talked about the attractive female's attractive friend. He gave us his card and said "you guys are cool you should go out with us tonight!" We took the card but didn't meet up with them later...maybe another time. Seems like a nice spot to hang out. I'll certainly see Gavin again.

I seem to be making all guy-friends here. I haven't even seen many young girls.

But the good news is...CHERYL FROM VIENNA IS COMING TO SANTA FE TO SEE ME IN 2 HOURS! ...I'm a little excited.

Cheryl and I before spelunking. (Budapest, June 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment