Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Three Part Two: Indiana and Illinois



I drove on to Indianapolis and hopped out of the car when I got there to hoop by the welcome sign. Mellllttting. It's so hot outside. So, I drove and I drove up and do
wn the streets of Downtown Indianapolis, through the college town and saw the coffee shops, monuments, fountains, and stores. Quite lovely. It was just too hot for the zoo or intense exploration. Back on 70 West I went...

Driving driving driving...Today was a driving day. Tomorrow will be an explorer day. I am now 5/6ths through The Search CDs. It's an intense murder story goin on. Kinda scary, but entertaining. I stopped at a rest-thing in Brazil, IN to eat where truckers made strange comments as they waited for their showers. Weird.

Now I am in a motel called Jay's Inn in Vandalia, Illinois. Only an hour or so away from St. Louis where I plan on spending tomorrow. I chose Jay's Inn over the Days Inn across the way because I figure solo-standing places will have more personality. Not this one. I run in because I have to pee and I announce that I'm interested in a room. The woman shakes her head and says "no." Whaddya mean, "no."? She finished the Dorito she had in her mouth and then asked how many nights I'd like to stay. What? Anyway, it's Air Conditioned, has Internet, and has a large bed for jumping and sleeping. It's time to rest for another fun adventure tomorrow.


If ya ask what state I'm in, I'll say IL.
Get it...it's a joke?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen! I am enjoying your blog! Haven't had time to read all the posts (munchkin keeps me busy LOL), but I am glad you are enjoying your cross-country trip. I know I am making myself sound old...but I have to tell you that I took a trip around the country with my best friend when I was your age. It was so memorable. I am glad you are getting this opportunity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete