Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meet Cheryl

She's not totally in the picture, but it shows that I LOVE her.

This is my friend Cheryl. She's an angel from above. She lives in Miami now but is originally from Albuquerque. I was lucky to spend a few hours today with smiley, big-blue-eyed, curly-blonde-haired, beautiful inside and out Cheryl. I have such wonderful memories of Cherbear from Vienna. One day we went hiking and though we told her not to, she decided she was going to eat this random berry-looking thing, and in the same day decided she was going to run with some random runner man for a little bit. We'd sit on a bus or train and she'd just look at me and say where we were - "Hungary." We spelunked and giggled and made music. She had trumpet success. She supported me when I was frustrated. On the last night of Vienna, she went around the circle and told everyone what made them wonderful.


Cheryl has just returned from a yoga-learning-camp-teaching-thing in Mexico where she had her life transformed. She described to me the various ways to meditation they would take each morning and afternoon and just how in love she is with the art. Today we had a delicious lunch on the plaza downtown and caught up on our lives' joys and sorrows. Then we walked around looking at interesting shops and galleries, got lost, and had some gelato.

All five hours Cheryl announced, "I am so happy." She's living at her own pace with a beautiful boy beside her all the way no matter where they are. She has a new passion and balance and way of thinking about music. She's discovered so much and is so at peace with her thoughts and obligations.

Feeling her energy and positive vibes made me sooo absolutely happy for her, but somehow reminded me how heartbroken I really am. I'm really scared. For this job, for being without people who have become such a crucial part of my life.

I will try to keep optimistic, but I suppose I can always look back on days like this above, when winning a water fight on top of a mountain was all that mattered.

I love you Cheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment