Thursday, July 28, 2011

Diet & Exercise: Attempt #1

My trying-to-run face.

If you know my relationship with running at all, you know that my first day back on the pavement was not a successful day. I am now 7,000 ft above the sea and can't seem to get hydrated. I love putting on my Brooks and seeing where they'll take me, but today I hardly ran a couple blocks and I started feeling strange. My palms were itchy...a familiar feeling especially from the wintertime. I tried to keep going but then my hands blew up like balloons, so much that I thought they'd burst.

I walked a while, trying to scope out the neighborhood. It seems everyone has a yippie dog, which is both hilarious and annoying. It's a very cute town, and I feel like the only blonde that ever existed with the way people look at me.

In place of running more, I went back and got my hoop. I took the hoop to the park and worked on hooping and tricks and did some squats and things for a half hour.


My official grocery store is the Sunflower Farmers Market. It's very clean and friendly and...hmm...organic. Prices are awesome, it seems as a young shopper, and is very close to my house. I'm slowly bringing in the kitchen essentials, like pasta and cereal and enough stuff to make a sandwich when I want one. In that I'm trying to stretch the life of what I buy, I'm very hungry. I'm hoping I'll shrink my stomach like I did during student teaching. Skinny is soon I hope.

Rain smells rainier here.

Also, organic peanut butter is a no-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment