Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day Six-Seven: Springfield, MO and Oklahoma


I wound up staying with a wonderful, hospitable, kind couchsurfing couple in Springfield, MO. Though it was last minute, they were understanding of my position and welcomed me in, took me to a lovely restaurant, a great futon-bed for sleeping, and to a beautiful park filled with flowers and butterflies this morning.

I showed up at their house at the same time as some of their family, which included a 3-year-old grandson with beautiful blond hair and big beautiful eyes who gave me an unexpected hug and a kiss to say goodbye. A little angel.

We talked about travel and food and life. She was an art person and he was quite quiet, but with small comments like "a free-spirit like you" and a simple "nope" when I tried to help with the bill, I liked them a lot.

I took a drive down some of Route 66 as planned, but I find myself unimpressed with Pizza Huts and Subways and bright orange reflecting roadwork signs.

I set off back on 44W and now I'm somewhere in Oklahoma, on my way to Oklahoma City to couchsurf again. I'M SO TIRED. (surprise).

No comments:

Post a Comment